What to do if Selenium WebDriver won't load anything when you call .get(url)
- Search the internet for two days trying to find other people that
have the same problem.
- Lament the fact that right now you have to work on a crippled Windows
- Stumble on an old bug report that implies the problem might be with
your proxy settings.
- Reflect on how problematic the corporate proxy which you're stuck
behind has been.
- Rage a little more.
- Open IE.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections (tab) > LAN settings
(button) > Advanced (button under Proxy Settings).
- Append 127.0.0.1* to the list of Exceptions.
- You're welcome.